The site of Palumbo Park, part of the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation, was deeded for park use in 1954.

Following its renovations in 1978, it was dedicated in honor of the philanthropist and restaurateur Frank Palumbo Sr., who ran a boarding house and kitchen for Italian immigrant laborers in Bella Vista.

Before it was Palumbo Park:

The park was first dedicated in 1939 as Florence Park: https://digital.library.temple.edu/digital/collection/p15037coll3/id/14200/