Palumbo Park is governed by Philadelphia Parks and Recreation (PPR) , which requires and issues permits for any event in the park. There are, generally, five kinds of permits that park users may be required to obtain:
- Picnic permits
- Special Events permits
- Sporting Events permits
- Weddings and Wedding Photography permits
- Vendor permits
If you are interested in hosting an event at the park, please download and complete the appropriate application at https://www.phila.gov/services/permits-violations-licenses/get-a-permit-to-use-a-philadelphia-parks-recreation-space/
Do I need a permit?
Generally, small gatherings and picnics do not require a permit. But ask yourself the following five questions: if any one of them is answered “yes,” then you will likely need some kind of permit.
- Do you require a specific location to be reserved?
- Will more than 50 people be attending your event at any given time?
- Will you be using amplified sound?
- Will you require use of the park’s electricity?
- Will there be any commerce or sales, such as at a flea market or food truck?