Palumbo Park is governed by Philadelphia Parks and Recreation (PPR) , which requires and issues permits for any event in the park. These are the most common permits that Palumbo Park users are generally required to obtain:
- Picnic permits (to reserve a space or host 50+ people) https://www.phila.gov/services/permits-violations-licenses/apply-for-a-permit/use-a-philadelphia-parks-recreation-space/get-a-picnic-permit/
- Weddings and Wedding Photography permits https://www.phila.gov/media/20210427111803/Wedding-and-photo-permit-application.pdf
- Group fitness classes https://www.phila.gov/media/20210427111446/PPR-Recreation-and-Athletic-Permit-Application-and-rules-regs.pdf
- Vendor and Special Events permits
If you are interested in hosting an event at the park, please download and complete the appropriate application at https://www.phila.gov/services/permits-violations-licenses/get-a-permit-to-use-a-philadelphia-parks-recreation-space/
Do I need a permit?
Generally, small gatherings and picnics under 50 people do not require a permit. However, due to high demand, they can assure the spare is reserved. If the answer to any one of the following is “yes,” then you are encouraged to seek a permit.
- Do you require the park to be reserved (e.g. tables, central space)?
- Will more than 50 people be attending your event at any given time?
- Will you be using amplified sound?
- Will you require use of the park’s electricity?
- Will there be any commerce or sales, such as at a flea market or food truck?
Not sure? Contact Naseem.Baksh@phila.gov
Please note, whether you meet the threshold or not, all commercial activity should carry with it liability event insurance in order to indemnify the city and the park friends group.
PARK FRIENDS PERMIT
The Friends of Palumbo Park, as a registered Friends group, are eligible to apply for a friends park permit as well, at a discounted rate that includes event insurance. Friends events are generally open to the public, though may solicit donations to support the event organizers or park needs. To partner with the Friends group on a public benefit event for the surrounding community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, please feel free to reach out the Friends group when planning your event. We may be able to assist with navigating the proper application, and let you know if we are aware of any other concurrent events on your desired date.
PROHIBITED BY PARKS & REC
- Smoking or vaping
- Off-leash pets
- Littering and dumping
- Wrecking, removing, or defacing Philadelphia Parks & Recreation property
- Removing any plants, animals, or rocks
- Vending, selling, or soliciting anything without written permission
- Lighting a fire, except in a stone fireplace or a metal barbecue stand 15′ from the nearest building
- Using metal detector devices
- Amplified noise without a special permit
- Alcoholic beverages, except for permitted events
- Illegal substances
- Motorized vehicles including ATVs and dirt bikes
- Feeding or disturbing birds or wildlife